Position Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Escondido, CA
Job Code: 19R1018
Transportation Power is a leader in the development of cutting edge, advanced medium and heavy-duty electric vehicles (EV’s), hybrid-electric vehicles (HEV’s) and grid energy storage applications. Its advanced technology outperforms competing systems for the most demanding heavy-duty vehicles, including the largest Class 8 on-road trucks, yard tractors, port cargo handling vehicles, and school buses.
Transportation Power offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including a 401k with employer match, and professional development opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team that is passionate about innovating to develop conversion technologies to improve efficiency, reduce fossil fuel consumption and improve the environment.
TransPower is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining quality assurance plans for the manufacturing processes, working with suppliers to provide quality products for production, and working with customers to support customer service functions. TransPower is a rapidly growing vehicle and stationary electrification company and this position is vital to the growth by supporting new product introduction, process and product revisions, and process improvement activities.
This individual must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, see or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The responsibilities of the position include compliance with company and governmental safety, environmental and hazardous materials regulations and procedures. The employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment in specified areas.
- Support all supplier quality activities and initiatives: perform supplier quality audits, maintain supplier quality objectives and metrics, manage supplier nonconforming products process, etc.
- Provide reports to support needs related to supplier improvement, design changes, and/or customer deviations.
- Support and assist PFMEA development along with product control plans, inspection plans and work instructions by following customer and other requirements.
- Support ISO 9001:2015 implementation and maintenance. Support ISO 9001:2015 auditing. Training experience for any quality functions is highly desired.
- Work closely with program managers and engineering to develop quality plans during new product introduction. Continually improve process quality plans and support changes after implementation.
- Design and manage studies to quantify “critical to quality” process capability; perform statistical analysis in support of quality product and process.
- Incorporate customer and nonconforming feedback into the process quality plan.
- Actively contribute to process design and optimization.
- Design studies and analyze critical to quality measurement systems utilizing MSA.
- Assist in the design and procurement of quality assurance fixtures and gages as necessary.
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Office suite tools
- Previous experience working within a standardized QMS such as ISO 9001 or equivalent Quality Management System is required.
- Blueprint reading and basic understanding and use of GD&T is required.
- Experience with quality assurance planning tools including: Process Maps, 8 Disciplines of problem solving, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Control Plan/Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Process Capability Statistical Process Control (SPC), First Article Inspection (FAI), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), and Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility/Measurement Systems Analysis (GRR/MSA), is preferred.
- 3 years in a Quality Engineer or similar type of position, preferred.
- Automotive industry awareness is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; quality or engineering related major desired
- Or, six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- American Society of Quality, Certified Quality Engineer desired
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor
How to apply:
Reference job ID#: 19R1018. Submit resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Transportation Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on business needs, merit, performance and competence. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.