Position Title: Mechanical/Fabrication Technician I
Location: Escondido, CA
Job Code: 17H072
Transportation Power is a leader in the development of cutting edge, advanced medium and heavy duty electric vehicles (EV’s), hybrid-electric vehicles (HEV’s) and grid energy storage applications. Its advanced technology outperforms competing systems for the most demanding heavy-duty vehicles, including the largest Class 8 on-road trucks, yard tractors, port cargo handling vehicles, and school buses.
Transportation Power offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including a 401K with employer match, and professional development opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team that is passionate about innovating to develop conversion technologies to improve efficiency, reduce fossil fuel consumption and improve the environment. To learn more about Transportation Power, visit our website at http://www.transpowerusa.com
Perform a number of complex, but repetitive electromechanical assembly operations. Entailing a number of electronic and mechanical parts, components, cable harnesses and other assemblies. May be required, to use the following tools to complete tasks: hand tools, drills, MIG/TIG welders, Oxy acetylene, lathe, mill, soldering guns, screwdrivers, precision measuring instruments, and other various standard hand held tools. This position requires a high level of quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Projects may be simple or complex and technical in nature, with staggering timelines. This is a fast-paced company in a cutting edge Cleantech manufacturing environment in San Diego’s beautiful North County.
- Minimum 2-3 years of previous mechanic experience
- High School, Trade School(apprentice) and Trade Certified
- Ability to use common hand tools
- Must be able to read in depth blue prints
- Able to design and develop parts, brackets, fixtures
- Must be proficient at welding stainless steel, aluminum, using MIG, TIG
- Must be adequate at operating manual mills. Lathe, press brake and sheer
- Understand Basic Math
- Read assembly drawings
- Manual Dexterity
- Ability to work in a team environment and well as in individual contributor role
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proven ability to follow verbal and written instructions, which are essential in completing a variety of disassembly, assembly and subassembly tasks
- Demonstrated skill set to modify, or reassemble electromechanical assemblies
- Patience to perform precise, consistent work, and willingness to handle and complete one task at a time
How to Apply:
Reference Job ID#17H072. Submit resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transportation Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on business needs, merit, performance and competence. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.