Position Title: Embedded Software Program Manager
Location: Escondido, CA
Job Code: 19A1015
Transportation Power is a leader in the development of cutting edge, advanced medium and heavy-duty electric vehicles (EV’s), hybrid-electric vehicles (HEV’s) and grid energy storage applications. Its advanced technology outperforms competing systems for the most demanding heavy-duty vehicles, including the largest Class 8 on-road trucks, yard tractors, port cargo handling vehicles, and school buses.
Transportation Power offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including a 401k with employer match, and professional development opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team that is passionate about innovating to develop conversion technologies to improve efficiency, reduce fossil fuel consumption and improve the environment.
We are looking for a full-time Program Manager with Automotive OEM experience. In this role you will be responsible for leveraging advanced understanding and expertise of product owner/project management skills on complex projects or tasks, including understanding and communication project scope, milestones, and decisions.
- Oversee the design, development, testing, and validation of Vehicle Control Unit (VCU) and Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
- Work with various customers, including OEMs, fleet operators, and grant funding agencies as required, to ensure product development and related demonstration projects meet customer requirements.
- Leads provision for the timely documentation of clear project scope [i.e. assumptions, requirements (internal, external, regulatory)], objectives/targets, validation needs, resource estimates [costs and timing], for projects of any scale or complexity, even in cases where elements are not well known (e.g. Concepts, etc.).
- Lead cross-functional teams and interface with all internal departments (e.g. engineering, manufacturing, procurement, quality assurance), to keep up to date on project status, ensure timely completion and obtain appropriate signoff for each gate as defined by the TransPower PDP.
- Leverages advanced communication skills to ensure team members/stakeholders are appropriately informed, leads project trade off discussions and drives decisions to keep projects moving forward, manage subcontractors and consultants involved in subsystem testing, if appropriate.
- Aggressively pursue execution excellence utilizing standardized project management tools and compliance to processes, drive project development and issue resolution through identification of risks/issues creation of mitigation plans for projects within their segment and identification of issues which impact other segments. Develop detailed project tracking charts and status using Microsoft Project or equivalent tools.
- Develop project reports and reviews using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Create and maintain weekly dashboard for each project covering relevant KPI.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant project management experience
- Demonstrates strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to lead a team in the development of product/concept development plans as well as successfully execute projects of any scale or complexity
- Advanced understanding of production and operations issues as they relate to engineering project management, including the ability to successfully identify and mitigate risks
- Highly prefer experience working in the Automotive OEM space
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of software development concepts
- Ability to associate experience with software development work packages and customer use cases
- Experience working with software development projects that require agile methodology
- Develop strong working relationships with customers and internal development teams
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on a limited basis
- Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline from a four-year college or university
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification
- Experience with embedded software development
- Experience with ISO 26262 Safety Certification Process
- Experience working in MATLAB Simulink environment for Model based Controls Development
- Expertise with JAMA, Polarion or other requirements gathering tools
How to apply:
Reference job ID#: 19A1015. Submit resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Transportation Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on business needs, merit, performance and competence. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.